Cassetten-Schätze, Teil 7
One familiar collector had and already forgot to whom he sold such a cassette B&O
Aurex ED60 1998??? (Ampex ED???)

Yes, there was an association: Aurex was founded as a joint-venture between Auriga and Ampex. For a few years in the 80's, they used the Ampex name. Later, their products were sold under the Aurex and Gauss brands.

Some of the late (around 2010) Sony and Maxell cassettes were also made by, or at least assembled by Aurex.

Regards
Martin
Hi all. I found this forum and specifically this thread when I was looking for specifics tapes for my collection.
This thread is amazing. Glad that I found it.

A short introduction: My name is Ron. living in Holland and since 2 years collector of cassette tapes from Philips and sisters brands like : Aristona, Siera, Radiola, Norelco, etc. I use Excel as a tool to register my cassettes and oh boy... once the cassette virus grabs you, you are lost.
At the moment I have just over 200 different tapes in the collection. The devil sits in the details and there are a lot of tiny differences.

Collecting with passion brings also a lot of doubles/spare tapes which I will be happy to swap with other collecors.
[Bild: 2019-05-27-17-22-22-0817.jpg]

[Bild: 2019-05-27-17-21-37-0816.jpg]
Welcome Pong Smile
I also collected Compact Cassettes in the 80s-90s. Must have been 500+, all brands and all Types except Ferro (Type 1). I used a Database (Datamat from Data Becker) on my Commodore 64 Big Grin where every Tape and every title was saved.
Unfortunately the 5,25" Floppy failed after some years... The tapes are still here.

Greetings to Holland
Mike
Hi and welcome, Ron!

You can be glad that you specialized on Philips cassettes... if you would collect all tapes, regardless brand, you would sooner or later face a serious storage challenge :-)

The Philips CSQ on your pictures are weird: They are about the only Philips cassettes which were made in Italy, and you don't see them so often. The orange type I SQ, which was (mostly) made in Belgium, is much more common. I guess the CSQ was made by Magnex for Philips, but not 100 % sure.

Regards
Martin
Thanks for the welcome guys.

@Kirunavaara
Yes, this Italian made serie is pretty weird and also darn rare.
We can only guess why Philips decided to (let them) produce as there was no shortage of available formats from Philips at that time.
Well thank you Philips for this collectable treasure :-)

I have a few available for swap.
I'm particulary interested in the North America series HR and CRX (made in Corea) from 1987-1988 + a few others
Sealed only please.

See the samples :-)

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Hallo,
ich habe zwei Marantz DCC-Kasseetten.
Auf einer steht "Sample for display only...", die andere ist bespielt mit einer Marantz Collection, siehe Bilder. Die bespielte ist original-verpackt.
Ich habe kein Gerät zum Abspielen und als Deko sehen sie schön aus, aber nach 20 Jahren ist es genug.
Gibt es dafür Liebhaber oder was mache ich damit?

Gruß Uli

Kassette 1:

Kassette 2:

@ Ron: I have never seen that EC*II before, not even on a picture. I'm too curious what the cassette itself looks like.

It is possible that I have one of the FSX you are looking for. I'll try to keep it in mind, and send you a note when I find them.

Regards
Martin
Martin, it must be a real rarity and eventhough it says "Made in Holland", I have never see the EC*II cassette either.

Obviously my sensor are all out foe this one.
Thanks for checking the FSX tape. Not an easy serie here in Holland.

I've visited a small fair today and again it reminds me that these places can be goldmines for the collector.
And just when I thought that I had the worldwide Philips releases pretty much "under control" (keep dreaming Rolleyes ) I stumbled upon 2 new J-Card number variants 8| (not on the photos)

Anyway, todays score: (note the difference with Polka Dots chrome tapes)

_
Lately I found this Hitachi cassette. Probably it is the very first Hitachi cassette ever made.

It is named "Popular" like the very first Maxell, so this might be an indication.

Moreover, it has a "normal" plastic box with a cover - not a cassette-type one known for later decades. "Japan" engraved inside the box and on the cover also suggests it is original package. As comes to printing material, there is nothing more than a simple card with a chart A/B, without any logo. Probably, originally there should be a kind of card sleeve or something. Any other ideas?

Max
Hi Max!

I think these storage boxes were not specific for Hitachi cassettes. They look more like accesories you could buy empty. I have, besides differnet Hitachi which had obviously lost their original index cards, received Sanyo and Aiwa cassettes from Japan in the exact same boxes.

Here is a Hitachi Popular C-30 from my collection. It comes in a white, soft plastic case, similar to some Ampex and some professional computer tapes, and with stickers you can attach on the back and shelf sides of the case for indexing:

I am not sure whether the "Popular" series are the oldest Maxell and Hitachi cassettes, or rather the ones which are simply called C-60, C-90 and so on, without any other designation. But they are definitely some of the earliest cassettes from them, late 60's I'd guess. Seems more like the Popular models came when they started to diversify with different kinds of storage cases, round about the time when also the cardboard boxed cassettes appeared, such as TDK C-60 F and similar.

Regards
Martin
Hi Martin,

Thanks for claryfying that! I have never met any other casette in such a simple box, but this sound probable, as the box and the paper inlay has no brand designations at all.
Now I have to look for the original box for the cassette, then.

Regards,
Max
Max
Welcome Ron!

I must admit I also like those Philips' spin-offs like Radiola, Siera etc.
Do you know Hornyphon and Phonola cassettes?

Max
TEAC C-90 SDR Australia

Basf chromdioxid demo

Thanks for the welcome Diabolik. Great to see more people getting excited about this hobby.
Great pics and yes the Hornyphon I know about but... the Phonola is totally new for me

Wow, what a great find, congratulations and thanks for sharing the info and picture.
I hope one day to add it to my collection too Smile
Hallo

War in letzter Zeit eifriger Mitleser .

Euch ALLEN ein Frohes Weihnachtsfest !!!

Beste Grüße
@pong38 Wow, I believe you have just bought a Hornyphon from me (eBay "sowa" :-)).

@rawavlad: never seen this SDR (EDR is much more popular). Can you show the cassette itself?
Max
Yes I did and today I received the cassette.
Happy days !!! What a great addition to the collection. Do you have more Hornyphon cassettes ??
I have one more cassette branded Hornyphon, most probably also made by Philips - the cassette shell is the same and the lettering resembles the Philips typo.

Among a'la Philips cassettes I have a Professional cassette and funny Fuji/Sakura models. Look at the photos.

Max
The Hornyphon C-120 has a really beautiful index card! So early 70's psychedelic. Professional and Sakura look like typical Italian cassettes. And the Fuji could be legit, but from the second company bearing that name: Fuji Chemical, which later on used the Novel brand for their cassettes instead, in order not to be mixed up with Fuji Photo Film co.

There is also an early Denon cassette in the Philips polka dots design:
https://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=42447

Regards
Martin
I can add another alternative brand "Philirecord" with the well known polka dots design from Philips.

Martin,
Interesting detail is that the J-Card number used for the Denon C90 tape is from the Philips C60 Super Quality (New Improved Quality) (1975-1977) Big Grin
This could be a very nice looking counterfeit thumbsup
pong38,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=249954#post249954 schrieb:I can add another alternative brand "Philirecord" with the well known polka dots design from Philips.

This looks really ugly and unprofessionally made. Look at the varying distances between the letters (especially R and E). Reminds me of a kidnapper writing made of letters cut out from a newspaper. Smile

(Nevertheless, of course, a very interesting counterfeit.)
J-card number? Do you mean the tiny number starting with 3104 106... which is printed on the j-cards of many Philips cassettes? I can't find it anywhere on the Denon pictures. Well, if it really is the same as on the Philips C-60 Super Quality, then there's something fishy about it...

Regards
Martin
Double checked the photo I downloaded and I have to correct my info about the Denon J-card number.
On the photo there is a tiny fraction of a red colour visible so they probably put the Denon front and Philips inside on the same photo. Hence, not related to eachother.

About J-card numbers...
I've started to register those numbers of Philips and sisters tapes in an Excel sheet.
wacko There are so many differences with the 3104 106 numbers, especially with the 1st serie
Wie wäre es eigentlich mal mit einem Kassetten-Fälschungs[*]-Thread? Ich hatte bis jetzt den Eindruck, daß vor allem BASF und TDK nachgemacht werden. Diese Flut an Philips-Kopien überrascht mich einigermaßen. Vielleicht gibt's ja noch mehr spannende Überraschungen.

[*] Im Uhren-Jargon würde man eigentlich eher von "Hommagen" statt "Fälschungen" sprechen, da in der Regel nicht der Original-Markenname verwendet und das Design auch nicht in alle Details übernommen wird.
Hornyphon was an Austrian Philips brand (acquired by Philips in the 1930s) so I'm sure anything branded Hornyphon was indeed Philips!
Hier noch zwei Raritäten von Philips, die mir kürzlich zugeflogen sind:

- Das Niedrigpreis-Modell EQ*I mal mit abweichendem Farbschema und Transparentgehäuse aus Italien, wie es auch bei PDM zeitweise verwendet wurde:

- Eine nicht näher bezeichnete C-60 in schwarzer Weichplastik-Box, vermutlich aus Kanada, hergestellt von Audio Magnetics:

And now for something completely different. Ein paar ideale Exemplare zum Aufnehmen des Hitch-hiker's Guide To The Galaxy:

@ Timo: Ich würde die Fakes und Hommagen am liebsten mit in diesem Thread behalten, denn oft kommt man ja von einer auf die andere Cassette, das würde wahrscheinlich zu viel Springerei zwischen verschiedenen Threads führen. Insbesondere dann, wenn unklar ist, ob es sich nicht doch um ein völlig ordnungsgemäßes OEM-Produkt handelt.

Viele Grüße,
Martin
Regarding the EQ*I from Philips ?
What do you mean with "abweichendem Farbschema und Transparentgehäuse aus Italien"

These tapes are not coming from Italy but from Belgium.
And the EQ*I has the same color layout as the SQ*Ifrom that same serie.

The Canadian tape is cool thumbsup
I have an original box of these which holds 12 new cassette tapes.
Hi!

Yes, the regular version of EQ*I was made in Belgium and had, at least in its first version, the same colour scheme as the former SQ*I:
https://antique-autoradio-madness.org/Mi...0_1aam.jpg

But my one has a kind of golden/brown colour instead of the grey, it actually looks very much like the mysterious EC*II from your picture.

There is no "Made in..." mark on my EQ*I, and no 3104 106... number either. The clear shell comes from a supplier in Italy, whose name I have not yet been able to identify. See also this posting for reference:
Cassetten-Schätze, Teil 7

Most of the cassette shells there seem to come from the same Italian factory. Both the older and the newer clear version were used for several PDM cassettes, and the old one for the Philips CSQ which you also have. I have a cassette with the same shell as my Philips EQ*I which goes under the brand "New Audio Box". Considering that there is a still active cassette shell production in Italy with the name "Musicbox", there might be some kind of connection.

Regards
Martin
Thanks for sharing this info Martin.
Very interesting that there is an alternative for the Belgium releases.

It is also maybe interesting to share a little difference in detail in the Belgium release.
One version has thin lines and no text and the other version has more tick
lines and the text "Made in Belgium/Fabriqué en Belgique"

The SQ*I without "Made in..." on your second picture has a different cassette inside:
http://www.c-90.org/catalogue/tapes/Phil...s%20SQ-1/0

These have no 3104 106... number either, and judging by their build quality, I'd guess they are from Hong Kong or another "cheap cassettes country".

Regards
Martin
The C60 with the "Made in Belgium" print has J-Card nr: 3104 106 62371
Maybe you an unsealed copy of the C90 and can you provide me the 3104 106 number ?

The C60/C90 cassettes I have from the serie without text are also sealed so when you have open cases maybe you can have a look for the 3104 106 numbers too Martin thumbsup
Yes, I have a Belgian SQ*I 90 somewhere. When I find it, I can look up the number.

I also have an unsealed C60 without "Made in...", but as I wrote, there is no such number on its inlay.

By the way, I have always ever seen this version without "Made in..." in C-60 length. Do you have a C-90 like that?

Regards
Martin
Ach du Schreck, die fehlt mir noch:
http://antique-autoradio-madness.org/Min...0_1aam.jpg

Etwas unübersichtliche, aber dennoch interessante Seite mit Cassettenbildern:
http://antique-autoradio-madness.org/Min...1.htm#menu

Viele Grüße,
Martin
Ich habe kürzlich drei von diesen bekommen, habe aber noch nicht rausgefunden, was das für Kassetten sind und wer sie vor allem hergestellt hat. Kann mir sicher jemand von Euch beantworten? Danke und Grüsse Roli

Viele Grüsse
Roli
Höchstwahrscheinlich Band von RMGI Oosterhout, was dann bei SK (Sauerland-Kunststoffe GmbH) in verschiedene Gehäuse eingespult wurde, was halt gerade so da war...

Viele Grüße,
Martin
Kirunavaara,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=250820#post250820 schrieb:Höchstwahrscheinlich Band von RMGI Oosterhout, was dann bei SK (Sauerland-Kunststoffe GmbH) in verschiedene Gehäuse eingespult wurde, was halt gerade so da war...

Viele Grüße,
Martin

Herzlichen Dank für Deine Antwort, Martin :-) Grüsse Roli
Viele Grüsse
Roli
Da unschwer zu erkennen, weil wenig Beiträge, bin ich noch neu hier. Ich wohne in der Schweiz, bin Schweizer und ein bisschen Patriot. Hat aber nix mit Politik zu tun; ich liebe Dinge die mit Made In Switzerland angeschrieben sind. Meine Sammelleidenschaft beschränkt sich zur Zeit aber nur auf Kassetten, die Made In Switzerland sind, oder aber für z.B. die Migos (oder Coop) hergestellt wurden. Nun hier zeige ich Euch mal, was bei mir von der Migos schon vorhanden ist. Auch würde mich intressieren, was hinter diesen Kassetten steckt. Kann sein, dass hier schon mal über dieses Thema geschrieben worden ist, aber da ich noch nicht so viel Erfahrung habe hier, hoffe ich dass mein Post nicht nervt und mir jemand ein bisschen etwas erzählen kann darüber. Dann würde ich mich auch freuen, Kassetten zu tauschen, gesucht sind meinerseits alles aus der ICM Produktion, und natürlich auch Melectronic. Auf dem letzten Bild sind Kassetten zum Tausch, herzliche Grüsse aus der Schweiz, Roli

Viele Grüsse
Roli
Diese habe ich auch noch, leider ohne Hüllen

Viele Grüsse
Roli
Die Serie mit den rot, blau und goldbraun eingepackten Exemplaren wurde bei der Dessauer Magnetband GmbH zusammengebaut. Dabei wurden größtenteils chinesische Gehäuse von Kolormagneitcs verwendet, die zwar ICM-Gehäusen sehr ähnlich sehen, aber nur Nachbauten sind.

Die schwarze MHQ I-S mit den ringförmigen, türkis/blauen Streifen dürfte ein wenig älter sein. Aus dieser Serie habe ich schon verschiedenartige Exemplare gesehen: Teilweise auch schon die Dessauer, teilweise noch mit ICM-Gehäuse. Wobei letztere wiederum auch in Dessau zusammengebaut sein können, dort wurden nämlich auch eine Weile ICM-Gehäuse verwendet. Wenn Du diese Cassette mal von der anderen Seite zeigst, dann können wir vielleicht den Hersteller genauer einkreisen.

Bei den beiden ausgepackten Exemplaren im letzten Beitrag ist die obere so ein Dessauer Exemplar mit Kolormagnetics-Gehäuse. Die untere ist eine SKC aus Korea, und wurde höchstwahrscheinlich dort von PDM für Migros in Auftrag gegeben. PDM hatte seinerzeit ja auch bei den unter eigener Marke verkauften Cassetten einen heiteren Mix aus Gehäusen von ICM, SKC, Audio Box (? - diese italienischen) und General Magnetics.

Viele Grüße,
Martin
Martin, das wäre dann diese

Viele Grüsse
Roli
Ok, das ist eine Dessauer im Kolormagnetics-Gehäuse.

Viele Grüße,
Martin
Danke vielmals Martin :-) ist ja schon ein grosses Wirrwarr; das Gehäuse von da, dieses von dort, Band von hüben, das andere von drüben. Super dass es Leute wie Dich gibt, die einem ein wenig Licht ins Dunkel bringen. Kann sein, dass ich weiter löchere mit Fragen, ich hoffe es stört nicht :-)
Viele Grüsse
Roli
Roli, solche Fragen nerven nicht, ganz im Gegenteil - das macht doch einen großen Teil der Freude am Hobby aus! Normalerweise sind hier auch noch ein paar mehr Menschen unterwegs, die sich ebenfalls dafür interessieren, wer für wen welche Teile der Cassetten produziert hat. Für mich ist das eine Art Puzzle- und Detektivspiel.

Viele Grüße,
Martin
Ich danke dafür auch herzlich und bin froh, dass trotz gelegentlicher Wiederholungen trotzdem noch freundlich und ausführlich geantwortet wird. Man kann nicht alles sofort finden.
Viele Grüsse, Sebastian
Flohmarktfund von heute Morgen, habe ich noch nie gesehen. Kennt die jemand. Design der Kassette hat ein bisschen was von TDK, odr :-)

Viele Grüsse
Roli

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 10 Gast/Gäste