telefunken cc20 Problem
I have a cc20 cassette deck, but it has the following problem: when playing tapes , there seems to be too much torque on the take up spool and the tape gets crinkled and creased by the pinch roller. I have replaced the pinch roller which helped a bit but not much.

opening the unit I found that the spool motor is connected to the spools by a clutch. in playback mode without a tape in, grabbing the take up spool caused the motor to stop; there was no slipping on the clutch. Is this normal? I am assuming the clutch needs to be repaired or replaced, but thought I would ask first....
hope someone can spare a moment to give an opinion, it would be much appreciated!
regards, Ben
PS. Leider kann ich solche tecknische Details in Deutsch nicht gut ausdruecken!! deswegen habe ich Englisch geschrieben. Es waere aber kein Problem wenn sie eine Beantwortung auf Deutsch schreiben koennen
Zitat:eclectiktronik postete
I am assuming the clutch needs to be repaired or replaced, but thought I would ask first....
Disassemle the clutch and put it some hours in Isopropanol (2-Propanol = iso-Propylalkohol = CH3 CH (CH3) OH) , ask in a drugstore, it must be ~ 100 %. Remove all dirt. Normally there is a felt in the clutch, maybe the felt is broken. I hope it is a helpful hint. Please tell us about progresses repairing the device.

Andreas, DL2JAS
Was bedeutet DL2JAS? Amateurfunk, www.dl2jas.com
vielen Dank, will ich das naechste Woche mal probieren.....
bis dann,!
Ben
Well I finally got round to this deck again today... after a few hours' work I think I have found the problem.

I first dismantled the motor-clutch mounting assembly and to my surprise found NO sprung /felt clutch there - the motor is directly geared to the spools and its speed is reduced in play and increased accordingly in ff-rew. so there was no mechanical problem there.
Next I changed the capacitors in the power supply just to be sure. No change.
Finally I had a good look at the spool tables, noted that the supply spool has a spring loaded felt pad to apply backtension - THIS was the problem, as it was possible in play mode to spin the spool freely- there happened to be NO backension!. After adjusting the black tensioner screw just above, all was OK.

The only remaining irritation with this deck is that the braking solenoid operates about a second too late. So, for example, if you are in fast forward and stop is pressed, there is tape spillage due to the delay in the activation of that solenoid. Have lubricated it but to no avail....I'm now thinking this is an electronic issue. Any thoughts appreciated!
regards, Ben

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste