Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern
Ok, thank you! I need to take a closer look at all Forward-related tapes when I stumble across them and try to wind and play them. Another thought about this is, not all tape in Forward shells necessarily comes from Greencorp. If nothing is stated about Australia, it is more likely that there is some other tape from China inside. And Forward also sold C-zero shells. Even the Philips FX says nothing about where it was made, while Philips CD one from the same series and with the same shell would state Tape made in Australia, assembled in PRC. And if I remember correctly, the tapes also look different.

It's a pity that SKM ferric tapes also are affected by aging problems now. I have not experienced it personally yet, but am afraid that sooner or later my SKC cassettes may also make trouble. SKM FeCo in Elite (Permaton) cassettes seems unlikely though. QX appeared ca 5 years later, so we would need to compare with HX. My example of these, and also the identical blue Memorex CRX II, have a much beter tape than that Permaton stuff: It calibrates without troubles and has no drop-outs, also higher output level.

Your prerecorded cassette may very well be loaded with SKM tape. For the record, it has a Musicbox shell, there are only some monor differences compared to the shells they are making nowadays.

Regards
Martin

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern - von Kirunavaara - 30.07.2023, 14:05

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste