Teac A3300-S stuck roller and missing manual
Hi!

I got myself a Teac A3300-S reel tape recorder. It seems to be in good condition. When I press the Play-button the rubber roller does not move. I am pretty sure that the recorder has not been used for a long time. Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Also I have no owner's manual. Does anyone care to share a copy with me or sell me one?

Any other info on this machine is welcome.

Regards,
Carl Bergman
The rubber roller turns round, if you try to turn it, but the whole mechanism does not move from the resting-position to the capstan shaft.

Is it that you mean?

Does it move, when you push the roller to the capstan by hand?

That is quite normal for this machines. The mechanism needs cleaning and oiling. Maybe, if you move the roller by hand for several times, that will help for a short time.
Michael(F)
=> Carl

I just looked at

www.schaltungsdienst.com

There you can order the owners manual as well as the service-manual for technicians, as far as I know in english.

To find, please use the following string for the search-function, you find under "katalog":

A3300S

no blanks, please.
Michael(F)
Zitat:Michael Franz postete
The rubber roller turns round, if you try to turn it, but the whole mechanism does not move from the resting-position to the capstan shaft.

Is it that you mean?
I'm pretty sure he meant that. To fix the problem you do need a one way syringe (needle) with some oil in it. Remove the right wooden side of the machine. With a small lamp (and a bit luck) you can guess, were the mechanism needs some oil, but be carefull: the belt is right underneeth this place...
Thanks for your replys!

Yes, the whole roller mechanism did not move from the resting position towards the capstan shaft. I did moove it by hand a few times, turned the power on and now it works. When I have some extra time I will apply some oil.

Nice forum!
´

for Tascam´s I know that the pinch rollers often becomes sticky with time. Test: scratch an edge with fingernail, if it deforms = new pinch roller. In most cases, a weapon oil ( or any oil that surly will not change it´s behavoir with time) is fine for tape recorders.

Spare part distribution in Germay ist made by www.triplex-service.de The owner, Mr. Kressmann seems to be a kind fellow who helps often with a link by mail. Maybe there is TEAC service in Finnland, but I don´t know.

For the manual, refer to my PM, or ask at Triplex.

Ein Wort an alle: Wäre es - um Berührungsängste ausländischer Bandmaschinenfreunde abzubauen- nicht sinnvoll eine englischprachige Sektion einzurichten? Diese müßte ja nicht gegliedert sein, um nicht deutsch sprechenden Tonbandfreunden eine Plattform zu bieten. Ich fände es ganz nett, auch einmal in die Ferne zu schweifen.
Frank

Wer aus dem Rahmen fällt, muß vorher nicht unbedingt im Bilde gewesen sein.
Ich hatte darüber nachgedacht. Ursprünglich habe ich die Boards zweisprachig benannt, das sah schrecklich aus und niemandem war damit geholfen. Eine eigene Kategorie? Hm, es gibt ja etliche ausländische Boards, warum hier halbe Sachen machen. Aber zumindest 25% der Besucher meiner HP, die ja über kurz oder lang auch mal kurz ins Forum blicken, sind Ausländer. Vielleicht sollte man ganz oben einen englischsprachigen Link anbringen, der die Ausländer direkt zum entsprechenden Board führt...man sollte nämlich bedenken, daß ein Däne, Schwede etc. vermutlich absolut nichts von dem, was da zu lesen ist, versteht...
´
Genau das war meine Überlegung, englisch ist eine der meist verbreitetsten Sprachen. Und die wenigen englischen Postings sind recht wahllos verstreut.

Ich mache öfter Verkaufsangebote mehrsprachig, das wird gut angenommen.
Frank

Wer aus dem Rahmen fällt, muß vorher nicht unbedingt im Bilde gewesen sein.
I think it is better to keep all languages in the same category.

I visit other forums where the subjects/languages are divided into too many categorys and it takes a lot of time to serch through all. I also guess that many users then will read only a few forums and thereby miss some relevant info in other categorys.

Carl Bergman
Finland

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste