Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern
Hi!

- Memorex Normal Bias: That model was included in a catalogue from 1981 or 82, even with a photo showing this shell. Yes, it is a Magna shell, but the tape inside should be Memorex's own. They continued to make their old MRX2 or MRX3 for these basic NB cassettes, while MRX I was a new formulation. I guess they imported the shells and Norelco cases from Germany and loaded them in Ireland with US or Irish tape. There are also versions of this Memorex NB and the subsequent dB Series, which say made in Ireland, but have a German Schneider shell. On the other hand, there are EMI cassettes from the late 70's and early 80's which also use these Magna shells. If the connection between Magna and Zonal was already active by that time, this could be the link explaining why that originally German shell suddenly apperaed on different British cassettes, too. It is also possible that the same shell design was made at more than one place, like UK/Ireland, Germany and Hungary (Polimer).

- Agfa CRX: These appeared first in the brown-ish version around 1983, and were changed into white by ca 1985. LNX was always blue. Additionally, there were a handful of sub-versions where they only altered minor details like the position of some text, omitted frames around the diagrams and bar codes, or changed the name behind the address from Agfa-Gevaert to only Agfa. You can identify the year and month when the respective sub-version was first released by searching for tiny four digit numbers in a corner. For example, your brown CRX has 8405 on the sealing and 8404 on the j-card. The white CRX has 8605 on the sealing and 8807 on the j-card. And the last generation, which you have listed as 1987, actually didn't come before 1989, and has accordingly 8905 written on its sealing and j-card.

- Hitachi LN: Older cassettes don't have the codes. The oldest ones I have found on the j-cards of Maxell cassettes are from 1978.

- BASF comics and promotional cassettes: The first ones were labelled Chrome Extra II, and depending on the year, it is either the old pure chrome, or from ca 1992/93 it is Chrome Plus. Then they were labelled Chrome II Plus, which points to the exact tape they used. Later ones are labelled High Performance II, and these should be different generations of FeCo tape which was also used in contemporary CS II and CM II.

Zitat:I think that on these audiocassettes if the serial number is stamped, it is Singapore if it is printed in black, it is Japan. What do you think?

That's exactly what I have also figured out.

Regards
Martin

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern - von Kirunavaara - 19.09.2022, 12:21

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste