Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern
Thanks for the pic... I have never seen seen the "Tape made in Europe" print before. So...

Zitat:surely TDK made all their tape in Japan?

...is obviously wrong!  I always suspected that they made tape in Luxemburg and said so in many of my older postings, but after vague or contradicting statements in some official TDK  reports and no real hard evidence I took that back.

So after seeing this print, I spent some hours on google and found two telling profiles on LinkedIn on wich those former members of TDK Luxembourg are talking about coating lines in Bascharage.

Zitat:Mai 1991–Sept. 2001 10 Jahre 5 Monate
Issue and update production standards for painting and coating departments (magnetic tape production)
•Improve line productivity and quality
Introduce new coating technology (training in Japan)

Zitat:Jan. 2002–Feb. 2004 2 Jahre 2 Monate
Development of a new product Thermal Transfer Ribbon (TTR, production of TTR by coating PE film using existing coating lines used for magnetic tape)

And also I came across this environmental report from CORDIS, (Community Research and Development Information Service) an official EU service agency.
https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/IN.-00010-95

Zitat:TDK Recording Media Europe SA runs a fully integrated factory for the production of Audio and Video-tapes in Bascharage, Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg. Fully integrated means that form the base film and the painting materials (mixed with solvents), all steps of the production of the final product are covered within the same site.
For environment reasons TDK is operating two exhaust gas incineration lines, combined with waste heat boilers for the generation of saturated steam. The so-called EGIs (Exhaust Gas Incinerators) are used to incinerate the solvents evaporating during the paint production, the coating and the tape drying process.
One incineration line covers the Audio production and the other one covers the Video production.

So in Bascharage TDK made it all from scratch, even the base film!

So updated with the new information my actual best guess for TDK production of  Cassettes/Audio tapes:

Chikumagawa Plant Nagano 1966-1993 First TDK Cassette Plant Coating, Molding, Assembling
Mikumagawa Plant Hita City 1982-2007/8? Coating, Molding, Assembling
Irvine California USA 1973-2001 Molding Assembling
Rammelsbach W. Germany 1986-2002 Molding Assembling
Bascharage Luxemburg 1991-2002-04 Coating, Molding Assembling
Rojana Plant Thailand 1991-2011 Molding Assembling

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern - von 2245 - 13.05.2024, 14:42

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 13 Gast/Gäste