Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern
Interesting tapes you have there!

The MCP Magnetics Super Chrome was made in Austria. It shares the hubs with some of Magnex' cassettes, but the shell is so different that I think it comes from some smaller manufacturer somewhere in Austria. There were a few more similar constructions, sold under the brands MCP, Audio Star, Rotochrome (with metal reels), as well as some prerecordeds. Unfortunately I don't know much about its tape. That kind of grey looking FeCo type II with a matte surface (and poor performance) also appeared in some Permaton cassettes around the early-mid 80's, but I don't know yet who made it.

The BASF Chromium Dioxide was made in Germany for the US market around 1975-77, before they started to coat chrome tape in Bedford themselves. There are later examples with the same design, but in the US shell with standard size window, some of thee still marked Made in Germany - which then may apply to the tape only, or they were simply using up old labels :-)

Regards
Martin

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern - von Kirunavaara - 18.02.2024, 09:08

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 7 Gast/Gäste