Philips 3503 parts wanted
Can anyone help with this recorder, I am looking for a few connectors, this machine was used in the UK but there does not seem to be anything in the way of spares, hopefully there are from this forum? I have included some pictures to show what I am after but basically, I am after 1 mains socket, 2 mains plugs, 1 female and 1 mail 13 way interconnects, I do not know what make they are.

[Bild: philips3505-1.gif]

[Bild: 03.jpg]
[Bild: 04.jpg]
[Bild: 06.jpg]
[Bild: 07.jpg]
[Bild: 08.jpg]
I don´t know, where you can get parts for this recorder, but fortunately, I know a guy, who works at (or is it better to say (or write) "for"??) Philips. I will contact him tomorrow. Perhaps, he can help you..

Frank
Thank you, that would be a great help.
Dear Stuart,

at least the 13-pole male and female units are still well known all over the continental scene, because of their affiliation to Ullrich Tuchel's famous(!) connector product line.
Tuchel belongs to the descendants of the Reichsrundfunkgesellschaft, where he was one of the leading engineer-personalities in the construction department, learning a lot regarding the practical problems within the fields of all connector types. With these experiences he founded his own business, creating the famous 'Tuchel'-audio-connectors, crossbar-(patchfield-)connectors and the standard connectors for that 'miniature' mixing-desk-norm-cassette system, designed by the Zentraltechnik des NWDR (predecessor of the IRT) and used by the German Öffentlich-rechtlichen Rundfunkanstalten since the mid-1950s. The cassettes were made by Konstantin Danner in Berlin, the electronics came from different vendors. Ullrich Tuchel provided them with connectors. These connectors were delivered in different sizes; the regular cassette-connector had 23 poles; your Philips-machine uses a smaller one with 13 poles.
Tuchel sold his company in the late 60s to Amphenol; they went on to manufacture his connector-program as long as the German Radios needed these connector-types. When the German Radio left the "Braunbuch"-traditions behind, Amphenol gave up the production of Tuchel's connectors step by step.

Even though the bigger 23-pole-connectors were made probably in Myriads, they are quite rare today, appear for remarkable prices in the 'Epay'-collection. 13-pole connectors are even rarer. I have two original, new (=unused), but caseless units, which will complement your connectors...

The Tuchel-logo, by the way, must be stamped into the broadside of the connectors. It symbolizes his fundamental idea of the 'self-cleaning contact-system'.

Hans-Joachim
This would be a great help! I have still to get the mains connectors as well, the recorder I have has been adapted by the BBC, they have changed this machine from 7.05 / 15 to 15 / 30 ips, there are some worn parts on it as well such as the tape tension arms, the heads are in immaculate condition!
Moved to the board "Fragen".
Michael(F)
Hello PhonoMax, I sent you a PM on the connectors, I would be interested if you want to sell thoes two?

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste