Sehr teuer 'Beatles' Band.
Hello,

A tape of a Beatles recording session in which John Lennon and Paul McCartney are heard cracking jokes and breaking into giggles, has sold for £9,800 (Euro 12.370) at an auction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7544245.stm

Grüße

Peter.
Beatles? What's that? Big Grin I think that the current young generation is the first who did not noticed this group...
Hello Peter,

it´s sometimes really amazing what can be found on old tapes. I have found many treasures during the last couple of years, too. The best thing up to know was a personal tape recorded by Sepp Herberger, a famous German football player and manager. He is most famous for being the manager of the West German national team which won the 1954 FIFA World Cup - "The Miracle of Bern".

So in my opinion everyone of us who gets used old tapes should have a listen first, before re-recording/erasing. You never know what amazing stuff can be found on there.

I don´t know how the situation is in the UK. German EBAY, for example, does not allow to sell any recorded tapes so the only way of exchanging very interesting tape recordings is visiting our "Rundfunkarchiv"-Forum.
http://www.das-rundfunkarchiv.de
There is also a section for non-German recordings.

I invite EVERYBODY to join as a member, let the world know what you have found on old tapes.

Best regards,
Manuel
Hello Highlander,

The young generation might not know the Beatles, but the music that they listen to has been influenced by them!! If they listened to the Beatles music, I'm sure they would like it. Big Grin

Hello Manuel,

A very interresting "Rundfunkarchiv"-Forum. I will send you a PM.

Regards

Peter.
Hm... I dont think that these boom boom hiphop kiddies would like the Beatles.
But may be rock music style listeners.
Zitat:Matze postete
Hm... I dont think that these boom boom hiphop kiddies would like the Beatles.
But may be rock music style listeners.
Matthias,
You are probably correct - which is why I got my young children to sing along to 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' and 'Yellow Submarine' from a very early age. :grins:

Peter.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste