Correct New Tape Head for Revox G36?
Hello,

I have a Revox G36 (SNo: 77XXX), with the old style tape heads (round heads in round cans).
These old heads are very worn, and need to be replaced.
I would like to put the "modern style" heads into this machine.

I already have the "modern" G36 Playback head (1.116.029), so I'll need to find the correct Recording head to match the 029.

What parts number would that Recording head have please?

Short version: What is the parts number for the "modern" Recording head for a G36 please?

A friend suggested (1.116.) 034...is there anybody here who can confirm this please?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards
Peter
Maybe you get along with the List, postet bei P.Nieratscher, here to find in Posting #003:

http://forum2.magnetofon.de/f2/showtopic...eadid=1787
Michael(F)
Vielen Dank Michael!

Ein sehr gutes Tips!

According to that list, the recording head that goes with the 1.116.029 playback head, should be parts number 1.116.023.

A reputable Revox service outlet in the US has offered me to buy a 1.116.034 REC head and says that its 2-track recording head, made especially for the G36 and also says that it matches my 029 playback head.

The parts number 1.116.034 is not to be found anywhere on the list, posted by
P.Nieratscher...

So if anyone has information regarding where I could possibly find a parts number 1.116.023, 2-track modern replacement recording head for my G36 - I'd be very grateful for that?

Or if there is any Member who has valid info on the parts number 1.116.034, 2-track recording head, I'd be equally grateful - MANY THANKS!!!

Peter
Hello Peter,

Maybe an idea?
There is a company in England that can make Tape Heads to your own specification.
http://www.phi-falmouth.co.uk/phi-magnetronics.html
I see from their contact page that they also have an office in the USA.
Perhaps they could help you?

Regards

Peter.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste