Revox A77 or TEAC X 2000M ? Any advice please?
I am looking to buy R-T-R recorder for recording some synthesizer playing and like.

There is Revox A77 ,TEAC X 2000M,TEAC X 1000R,and TEAC X 2000, for sale near here.

The Revox is 300e and others about 600e. (yes they must be cheaper in Germany)

Has the TEAC X 2000M also soft heads that are not so good?

I have hardly ever seen a R-T-R recorder so

All advices are much appreciated.

Thank´s!
Hi Dojo!

The X-2000 is said to have the most head wear of all Teacs. The X-1000 is less problematic in this point, but the R version is a quarter track reverse deck, whereas a half track version (like the X-1000M) is more suitable for a musician's needs.

If you are looking for a rugged recorder, the Revox might be the best choice for you among the ones mentioned above (if it's a half track model, of course).

Best regards,
Timo
Thank´s for reply!

Nice to know some of them are like mono recorders - or didn´t I get it right?

So the TEAC´s with M-letter can record with best sound qual?

Would newer Revox like PR99,be best choice for musician?

Oh I you know a good article in english,add a link please!

Thank´s Timo!
Hi Dojo!

No, none of them are mono recorders (at least they are all able to make stereo recordings - if you just need mono, you can also have that, of course). Half track recorders make recordings of two tracks (for two stereo channels or used as separate mono tracks) in one direction. Quarter track recorders make recordings in two directions with two tracks each direction, just like cassette tape recorders.

Best regards,
Timo
´
Hi Dojo,

I wonder about the price, is the currency EURO? If so, € 300.- for a Revox A77 seems to me to much as long the device is not overhauled or at least checked and worn parts replaced by experienced service personal. The TEAC are in my opinion far from a realistic price.

Generally, a Revox A77 is easy to fix, but take a look on the recording and playback heads. If the so called mirror –the glossy part in the middle- is larger than app. 3-4mm the heads will not last very long. Replacement is available, but a head cost around € 90.- plus VAT

A PR99 has some fancies like auto locator useful in small radio stations, but did not sound much better as the A77. The big advantage is the 38cm/s (15 ips) tape speed. This is required if you need to make recordings in studio quality to produce a record or CD. But as long you like to record just for fun, the A77 will do the job, and for a sample tape the quality is good enough.

Where you come from?
Frank

Wer aus dem Rahmen fällt, muß vorher nicht unbedingt im Bilde gewesen sein.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste