Uher 1200 Report Synchro
Hi all.

I recently acquired a nice 1200 Report Synchro deck, complete with black carry case.
It had a few issues that I have since fixed. 
Bad battery leakage in the battery compartment, a missing small spring, dirty heads etc.
The overall condition of the unit is very good, but I don't think it was looked after too well as the capstan and playback head in particular were very dirty.
All belts appear to be still ok, and the pinch roller too.

Anyway, after a good cleaning, it plays & records very well. the sound quality through headphones is excellent.
I can now also play all my mono music Nagra tapes on it ! (I don't have the Nagra deck any more unfortunately).
Plus record some audio from my family.  I have owned several Uher Report decks in the past, most of which were faulty & never got working.
The best one I had was the brand new Report Monitor 4000, very nice machine indeed.

I suspect these 1200 Report Synchro decks are harder to come by, and much fewer of these models were made ? 
The S/N of my one is 1114 02543

Best Regards, Chris (Melbourne, Australia)

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Congratulations on this not very common device!
I also have one, but I do not really need it.
So if anyone is interested, feel free to contact me via PM

=================================

Ich habe auch ein solches, jedoch brauche ich es nicht wirklich.
Falls also jemand Interesse hat, kann er mich gerne per PN kontaktieren
Viele Grüße
Jörg
Hi Chris!

At first, my best wishes for getting  an UHER1200 Synchro.

I have several UHER Fulltrack-Report in my collection.
They are still in good condition.

One of my 1200 Synchro was also damaged around in
and outside the battery-case (leaking Monocells). A lot
of work to fix it.

I use the Fulltrack-Report just for playing music, and
not for professional work. The dynamic range ist much
better than on other Report-Models.

1000 Pilot (first edition)

1000 Pilot (Neo Pilot):

1000 Pilot (Neo Pilot B):

The difference of those three 1000 Pilot depends on the recording of the pilot-signal.

1200 Synchro (first edition):

1200 Synchro (second edition):

4100V Report (without pilot-head):

Many regards
Wolfgang

PS.: Excuse my rusty English...
Spectreman schrieb:I suspect these 1200 Report Synchro decks are harder to come by, and much fewer of these models were made ? 

Hi Chris,

welcome to our RTR-Forum.
You might be the 'farest' member so far…Wink

Yes, the 1x00 Report series haven't been sold so often due to the price and their primary function as a camera syncronisation recorder.

You can find original spare parts there:
https://www.sds-consult.de/UHER/

and documents in our Download area (upper Right, /Geräte / U / Uher / Report …)
A separate Registration is necessary.

Have fun!

Kind regards
Frank
Thanks for the replies guys !
I recorded a Christmas music tape last night via the Mixer input, it worked fine and sounds great.
So how much more expensive were these 1200 Report Synchro decks compared to the regular Report decks ?
I have tried to register for the download section, but so far did not get any confirmation email.

I might try to record some more thunder sounds with it, like I used to do with some of the previous Uher Reports I had.
Pity I sold most of my microphone collection though ! And now too many of the original Uher microphones are so expensive to buy now.

Cheers, Chris.

All good to access the file downloads section now, got the 1200 Report info to study now !
Hello Chris,

You are right: The production of the 1200 Report Synchro was located in the same room as the production of the various 4000 Reports, but it was completely separated organisationally, and much smaller quantities were produced. While many 4000s were bought by private customers, the 1200s (formerly 1000s) had almost exclusively professional customers, especially because of the different prices. Unfortunately, I don't remember how expensive they were.

Greetings, Anselm
Früher war mehr UHER. Cool Meine UHER-Erinnerungen
Thanks for the reply Anselm ! You have a very interesting Uher website, by the way.

I think going by the serial number range for the 1200 Reports that have been recorded, around 2000 of these models were produced in total perhaps ?
They appear to be a bit more than double the price of a regular 4000 series Report.
I am very happy to have this nice Uher tape deck. Is funny you know, after opening the bottom cover many times, I finally found the missing small spring that had become dislodged, the one to keep the flywheel assembly in position. Was sitting inside the bottom cover locking latch, but was not there before !
At least I found it eventually, not good to have loose parts inside the machine. I had of course already replaced this spring with a spare I had.

The one thing I don't like is the DIN type connector for the earphones & external speaker. The small switch inside this connector for the internal speaker connection is now broken, so no internal speaker operation for now. But not too big a deal, the internal speaker is not the best sounding anyway. Earphone & external speaker connection still works fine. Using an old Ampex small speaker sounds very good, but with my more modern JBL amplified speaker the audio is really fantastic. Made up some adapter cables for this.

Cheers, Chris.
Hello Chris,

I just checked my old pricelist from UHER:
In 1987 the 1200 Report Synchro was sold for 5000 DM !!! Nearly 3 times higher price than the 4000 Report Monitor at that time.

Best regards
Andreas
(12.12.2022, 13:11)Spectreman schrieb: Thanks for the reply Anselm !  You have a very interesting Uher website, by the way.

I think going by the serial number range for the 1200 Reports that have been recorded, around 2000 of these models were produced in total perhaps ?
They appear to be a bit more than double the price of a regular 4000 series Report.
I am very happy to have this nice Uher tape deck.  Is funny you know, after opening the bottom cover many times, I finally found the missing small spring that had become dislodged, the one to keep the flywheel assembly in position. Was sitting inside the bottom cover locking latch, but was not there before ! 
At least I found it eventually, not good to have loose parts inside the machine. I had of course already replaced this spring with a spare I had.

The one thing I don't like is the DIN type connector for the earphones & external speaker. The small switch inside this connector for the internal speaker connection is now broken, so no internal speaker operation for now. But not too big a deal, the internal speaker is not the best sounding anyway. Earphone & external speaker connection still works fine. Using an old Ampex small speaker sounds very good, but with my more modern JBL amplified speaker the audio is really fantastic. Made up some adapter cables for this.

Cheers, Chris.

There must have been considerably more than 2000 Report 1000/1200 Report. The 1000 Report Pilot was produced from 1966 to 1967. The 1000 Report NeoPilot followed from 1968 to 1969. From 1969 to 1971 the 1000 Report NeoPilot B followed. From 1971 to 1989 the 1200 Report Synchro was produced. (Source: Die Geschichte der UHER-Werke.) In 23 years, far more than 2000 units must have left the factory. Good luck with yours.

Anselm
Ok Anselm. I was actually specifically referring to the 1200 Report Synchro models only.
But I had no idea the 1200 Report Synchro was produced up until 1989 !
I would love to have a copy of that Uher history book, but shame it is in German.

Cheers, Chris.
(13.12.2022, 06:48)Spectreman schrieb: I would love to have a copy of that Uher history book, but shame it is in German.

There are many photos and tables with technical data. The book is out of print, but if you really want one, I'll ask the editor if he still has one in reserve. It would probably be the first to go to Australia.

Greetings from Anselm
Hi Chris,

Maybe you've seen that we're collection serial numbers of UHER tape recorders in order to get insight into manufacturing numbers, production years and so on...
According to my list we've collected 35 serial numbers of 1200 Report Synchroes so far.

the eldest: 1114 1679
the youngest: 1114 03256

As the manufacturing of each type usually began at number 1001 there must have been arround 2,500 units of the 1200 Report Synchro.
Less than 10,000 full track UHER Report units have been built according to our serial number research - these are all the types Wolfgang described in #3

Luckily most of my full track UHERs are in good condition, too. The only exceptions are recorders that were heavily used by radio and television teams. 

Kind regards, 
Andreas
Festina lente!

Motto der SN-Sammler: Irgendwann haben wir sie alle...
Ok thanks Anselm & Andreas !

Yes I would be very keen to buy a copy of the Uher history book Anselm, would be a great reference to have nonetheless.
Please let me know if there is any good news about a spare copy left !

Regards, Chris.
(14.12.2022, 01:53)Spectreman schrieb: Yes I would be very keen to buy a copy of the Uher history book Anselm, would be a great reference to have nonetheless.
Please let me know if there is any good news about a spare copy left !

I have asked and am waiting for an answer.

Regards Anselm
Hi Chris, I sent you a private message. Anselm

[-]
Schnellantwort
Nachricht
Geben Sie hier Ihre Antwort zum Beitrag ein.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste