M10 1" 8track conversion to 1/4" 2 track
I like to convert Telefunken M10 1" 8 track to 1/4" 2 track. Idea is to change only tape guides and heads for 1/4" tape. It will work? Can be some problems? Maybe someone has experience?

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Well you dont seem to own one yet, do you? This advert shows the exact photo of your machine: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...9-172-1534
Yes, but it is reserved for me, soon I will have it.
I have to say, it would really be a pity if you convert this rare 1 inch Multitrack-machine into a normal quarter inch version, especially because this one seems to be really in a good condition.
These old multitrack machines are hard to find these days and I'm pretty sure there a some vintage recording studios around who would pay a fortune for a machine like this.

It's a bit like buying a rare Volkswagen T1 Samba Bus and then trying to convert it into a standard Beetle, because you only need a car for two ;-)

Maybe think about it. There are still normal M10's on the market, and maybe you can find somebody who would make a deal and swap his normal 1/4" with your 1" Version.
Unfortunately I've sold my 1/4" M10A already some time ago, otherwise I would make you this offer...

Regards,

Silvio
Hello Silvio,
Thank you for answer. Im understand your opinion. I would like to convert recorder with keeping 1" head stack and other parts safe. I like to change rollers and guides with new made one, if later I like to return to 1" version it will be easy to make. Im searching 1/4'" M10 already 3 years, but it is not possible to found. There is some for sale with dramatic high price over 30K.
Hello,

In eBay is a 2 track for 3000€
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...4-172-4891

~Joni

[-]
Schnellantwort
Nachricht
Geben Sie hier Ihre Antwort zum Beitrag ein.

Bestätigung
Bitte den Code im Bild in das Feld eingeben. Dies ist nötig, um automatisierte Spambots zu stoppen.
Bestätigung
(Keine Beachtung von Groß- und Kleinschreibung)

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste