Slowakische Kassettensite mit allen Einlegern
That one looks like the typical late VHS era generic shell, which almost all brands used, sometimes winding their own tape into, but more and more there was Saehan tape inside, as the other big players ceased their production.

You could look for a VHS license number somewhere in the shell, like LN 2xx, which may help to track the manufacturer.

Regards
Martin
I assume license numbers are very rare and more common for older VHS models. But I know about it just from this forum. But apparently they were only listed on the shell and never on the packaging.
That generality of the VHS shell has always annoyed me a lot, because there could have been so much creativity there and the manufacturers only made minimal use of it. Towards the end of the VHS era TDK and Sony cornered the market a bit with color VHS, I know TDK had more colorful projects, that there were translucent VHS, or from an earlier period Scotch had some extreme shell releases.
On Video8 that creativity was considerably greater.

Even if the shell and components were generic, as you say, they could wind their own tape, but there could also have been Saehan, or SKM. You could already navigate just by the information on the packaging, it's so much more complicated to tell the colour of a VHS tape by the manufacturer than it is for audio cassettes.

I'm also a bit disappointed that there aren't more stories and scholarship on VHS when compared to audio cassettes. Of course Wilhelm has the most experience, but there are still so many questions.
You guys are probably the best bunch here who know anything about this subject, no one else in the world can help anymore Smile
The second package for the 04/2024 update arrived on Monday.

On the web maybe by the end of the month Tongue

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Hi! What is the light blue JP without a brand? Fuji/Axia?

The Scotch 996 was made by Sony, unfortunately for the Japanese market only.

I am especially looking forward to seeing the GoldStar unwrapped, they had some interesting shells in that line-up, and are hard to find.

Regards
Martin
Kirunavaara: Hi.
JP is a brand of Jusphoto, Made in Korea by GoldStar, I already have an SKM cassette from this brand on the site.
https://ez647.sk/cc/jusphoto_jp.html

I already have GoldStar PRO CDI on the page, I picked this one up again for another collector in Slovakia.
The cassettes are here:
https://ez647.sk/cc/goldstar_procdi.html

But then I will separate them, only now I realized they are both from the same period but for different markets, according to the barcodes.

The Scotch is straight Sony CDix in a different printing, I've wanted them for many years but only managed to get them now.
They could have done a metal version but probably didn't think it was important, but at least the shorter C46 version includes the big hubs Smile

Regards EZ

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Great, thanks. I think I've seen the other Jusphoto on your website before, but didn't remember when I saw this blue one sitting next to those Axias with Jz lettering in quite similar style.

They have managed to make the GoldStars look quite good, even though it's just basic clear shells in that case. The dark tint and black labels with reduced design give them a kind of serious touch.

Regards
Martin
Maybe GoldStar are a little too dark for my taste, but sometimes it suits the type of music Smile
But the darker GoldStar just has a print instead of a label, which reduces the luxury a bit.

Regards EZ

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste