Uher CG 350 recording problem
HILFE!

As my German reading is “ziemlich gut” but my German writing is “sehr schlecht” I am writing this in English with the hope that somebody can help me.

A few weeks back I asked for advice with a non-cooperative cassette player - Uher CG 350.

Unfortunatelly I received no solutions to my problem so I am giving it another try today.

I have gone through the, in my eyes, complicated wiring diagram and still not found out what is causing my recording problem.
The recorder works fine in all modes except recording.

It seems that something is blocking the power to what on the wiring diagram is named “kopfschlitten magnet” and the “bremsluft magnet”.

In “START” mode both magnets are activated and playing a cassette works as requested.

In “REC” mode the magnets are NOT activated when START is pressed and the “kopfschlitten” for the recording/playback head is not moving.
I can hear and see that the recording switch is activated when pressing the REC-button.

When the REC button is pressed the following happens:
1. The red REC light = ON
2. The green PAUSE light = ON
3. The green STOP light = ON

When now the START button is pressed this follows:
1. The red REC lamp stays ON
2. The STOP light goes out
3. The PAUSE light stays ON and the head/brake magnets do not activate.

Jemand?
It doesnt start to run at recording, right?
Gruß
Lorenz
(01.12.2020, 11:47)SonyKassettenkaiser schrieb: It doesnt start to run at recording, right?

Yes, that's correct. Nothing happens after I press the REC and START buttons.
When PLAY works, I think it`s the Microswitch of the RECORD Button
Gruß
Lorenz
(01.12.2020, 16:52)SonyKassettenkaiser schrieb: When PLAY works, I think it`s the Microswitch of the RECORD Button
Gruss Lorenz,

Thank you for the tip but, the CG 350 buttons are controlled by logic cirquits and has no REC switch. 
It only has a REC prevention switch which has been checked and tested OK.

Regards Sören
No, I mean, in german it is Mikrotaster. If its defective, it cannot give any Signal to the Processor.

The Rec Knob must be a Mikrotaster on this Deck.
Gruß
Lorenz
(01.12.2020, 19:06)SonyKassettenkaiser schrieb: No, I mean, in german it is Mikrotaster. If its defective, it cannot give any Signal to the Processor.

The Rec Knob must be a Mikrotaster on this Deck.

The REC knob seems to be OK as the REC-light comes on and the recording solenoid (Aufname /Wiedergabe-magnet) is activated when I press REC.

What confuses me is that the PAUSE light comes on when I press the REC-button. 

That action seems to block the START action (the START light comes ON but nothing happens when I press it).

I have checked the wiring diagram, which for me (I am more on the mechanical side) is very complicated.  ?

Gruss  Sören
What happend if you press RECORD and PLAY the SAME TIME?
Gruß
Lorenz
(02.12.2020, 12:12)SonyKassettenkaiser schrieb: What happend if you press RECORD and PLAY the SAME TIME?

REC-light ON
START-light ON
PAUSE-light ON
Nothing else.
Photo 
I still have a problem with my Uher CG 350. 
It refuses to activate what the wiring diagram calls the head carriage, the brake lifting magnet and the sensor head magnet.
I also found that the plug-in board pictured below (fig. 1) in my recorder is not the same as the one referred to in the wiring diagram. It is completely different.

Fig.1

Other CG 350’s seem to have the upper (brown) card in fig. 2. with an IC (TC9121P) controlling the action.
The lower (green) card has the same layout as mine.

Fig.2

The Service Manual says:

3.1.6 Aufnahme-Pause am Masterpegelsteller

Parallel zur normalen Laufwerkspause kann mit der Rastung am Pegelsteller beim Aus- und Einblenden der Aufnahme auf Pause geschaltet werden.
Der Pausenschalter S 1 schaltet den Gatter- eingang A 5 auf H, A 6 ist (nur) bei Aufnahme H. A 4 = L und uber L an N 9/10 erfoigt ab hier die gleiche Pausenfunktion wie vorher.

Is the Pausenschalter S1 the same as the Rec Master Control on the front of the unit?

Very grateful for all answers  ?
I have no clue here. Sorry. Hopefully others can help.
Gruß
Lorenz

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste