Telefunken M28.
Hello all,

I'am lookin for a manual to Telefunken M28. Can anyone help with this one? I can not find it browsing the internet and did not spot it in download section here also.

Does anyone know what kind of preamps it has on microphone DIN inputs ? Also from what I've read it has DIN symmetrical inputs/outputs. Is it correct that they're symmetric ?

Thank you for all answers and any help.
Hi,

did you check this site :

http://www.manualsdrive.com/results.php?...0tdB-pCTMI

regards
Kai
The tape Recorder M28 was a fine professional Recorder, developed for institutions, small theaters, outside broadcast vehicles or for private persons with very high acoustic requirements. The recorder was built from 1968 to 1972 in Konstanz, Germany. M28 and M12 were the only professional tape recorders from Telefunken with low weight (M28 about 24kg) for portable use and with heads in outside direction, as all home tape recorders have. The price was 1968 nearly 5000 DM.

M28 was available in three Versions:
- M28 A = with 2x 2 canal mixer and vu meters, in most cases sold in a portable box and with speed 9,5 - 19 cm/s
- M28 B = mono and full track head, speed 19 - 38 cm/s, transformer for in and output , in most cases used for table installation (without box)
- M28 C = stereo, speed 19 - 38 cm/s, transformers for in and output, in most cases used for table installation (without box)

About 20 years ago I bought five of these machines and repaired three of them, the others were just for spare parts. Two M28 A are still in my posession and I'll will never sell them, because it's really a nice recorder for hobby.
I have everything that is necessary to check and repair the recorders, like tape tension measurement tool, "tape on head position check" tool and of course the two manuals for both series (some electrical components on the record amplifiers are different).

The manuals are books (my estimation are 100 pages per book) are only available in German. It would take a lot of time to copy these books and the included circuit diagrams.

Before you start to repair and check your M28, you should find out, if the machine is complete and in a good condition. It's not a good idea to use a nearly 50 years old tape recorder without intensive service. The grease in all mechanic parts has to be replaced, all electrolytic capacitors have to be replaced and -main trouble of these tape recorder- the push contactors have to be repaired (re-solder from the PCB, open it and put some grease on the movable areas). Very difficult work and NO SPAREPARTS AVAILABLE. You also have to clean all the relay contacts. NO RELAIS AVAILABLE any more.

If you are really able and willing to repair the M28 recorder, you can contact me for copying the manuals. But don't let me do that just for fun. It takes time and it's useless, if you don't have the knowledge, skills and a complete machine. NO SPAREPART AVAILABLE for relais, push contactors and plastic parts like buttons, head cover, counter and so on...
Guten Tag liebe Tonbandfreunde,
ich besitze auch eine gut erhaltene Telefunken M28 Typ A (Mischpultversion) Stereo 2 Spur BJ ca 2/71 mit Glasferritköpfen,

welche ich gerne eingehend überholen möchte.
Die Maschine war im Besitz einer ö.R. Rundfunkanstalt und wurde laut Inventarnummer noch bis 2006 gelistet.

Sämtliche axialen Elkos habe ich bereits gegen neue axiale 63V Vishay and BC Typen getauscht.
Auch den 63V 2200uF Schraubelko

Das Gerät spielt wunderbar.
Nunmehr muß ich jedoch den Antriebsflachriemen tauschen, da dieser schon recht rissig ist.
Außerdem hat das analoge Zählwerk einige Zähnchen verloren und bleibt öfters stehen.

Um die Schwungscheibe des Capstantriebs zwecks Riementauschs korrekt auszubauen benötige ich eine Anleitung, damit ich nichts kaputt mache.
Man hat mir gesagt, dass dieses mit einigen Tricks verbunden sei, da irgend etwas herausspringen könne, was man kaum mehr zusammen bekäme, wenn man nicht eine bestimmte Vorkehrung träfe.
Bestünde die Möglichkeit, dass gegen Unkostenerstattung dieses Servicemanual auch mir zugänglich gemacht werden könnte.
Ich suche ferner auch zwei passende M4 Dreizackadapter und NAB Adapter die auf dem feinen Gerät auch im Vertikalbetrieb größere Spulen betriebssicher laufen zu lassen.
Hilpert in Hamburg antwortet leider auf Anfragen nur in biblischen Abständen, wenn überhaupt.
Der letzte Stand war, dass dort leider die Adapter vergriffen sein.
Mit herzlichen Grüßen aus Kassel
Dirk
M28,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=241718#post241718 schrieb:Um die Schwungscheibe des Capstantriebs zwecks Riementauschs korrekt auszubauen benötige ich eine Anleitung, damit ich nichts kaputt mache.
Voilà:
https://we.tl/t-xXUWBG8USS
(Link gilt 7 Tage)

Die Anleitung ist auf pdf-Seite 58.

Grüße, Peter
Grüße
Peter

Ich bin, wie ich bin.
Die einen kennen mich, die anderen können mich.
(Konrad Adenauer)
Danke sehr :-)

[-]
Schnellantwort
Nachricht
Geben Sie hier Ihre Antwort zum Beitrag ein.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste