Telefunken M10 Tube Trouble
I'm proud to say that I just acquired a Telefunken m10 tube machine, stereo 1/4". I live in a small town so it's almost impossible to find a tech who can work on it. I managed to get my Telefunken m10a to work with the help of some people on this forum so I'm trying again!

These are the symptoms.

No FF. When it was first powered up the FF was working but became weaker and weaker and now there is a almost no torque left. You can see it moving EXTREMELY slowly, so slow you think that it's not moving at all until you look closely. Almost nothing. It still rewinds though right now.

No play. The capstan is moving, but when you press play the pinch rollers don't engage, or push the tape into the capstan. before the FF stopped working if you pushed the pinch rollers up by hand into the tape it would push the tape through, the pinch rollers don't feel jammed or stuck, they just don't seem to get the message that it's in play mode.

Anyone with any experience who might point me in the right direction?

Best
Zack

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

BLUESPILLS,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=175614#post175614 schrieb:I'm proud to say that I just acquired a Telefunken m10 tube machine, stereo 1/4"
First of all: Congratulations Smile.

The two problems you mention remind me of things that happened to my machines.

BLUESPILLS,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=175614#post175614 schrieb:No FF. When it was first powered up the FF was working but became weaker and weaker and now there is a almost no torque left. You can see it moving EXTREMELY slowly, so slow you think that it's not moving at all until you look closely. Almost nothing. It still rewinds though right now.
I have a similar problem (with Rewind) with a machine which wasn't used for a longer time. We dealt with it in the forum: M10 problem # 1

Unfortunately I have not yet solved the problem. Perhaps it might be a problem of the relais contacts of the "Umspulrelais" - though I have tried to clean them several times already... ;(

BLUESPILLS,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=175614#post175614 schrieb:but when you press play the pinch rollers don't engage,
I had this problem years ago on my other machine - after changing the rectifier that belongs to the pinch roller moving magnets all worked well again Smile. Voilà: M10 problem # 2

Do you already have the schematics for M10?

Michael
So far i haven't solved the problem Sad Since its very hard for me to find anyone brave enough to work on it, maybe I am better off buying a working telefunken m10 transport. One question, is there a difference in the m10 heads whether it was used with v86/87 tube amplifiers, compared to m10 heads used with the solid state amps (v386/387) Or are they the same? Basically I just wonder, if i buy any working telefunken m10 transport and plug it into the v86/87 amps will it work? Even if it was previously used with solid state amps.
Or would i need to transfer the heads over from the machine I already have?
UPDATE:
I have solved the problem with the pinch rollers.

I have narrowed down the problem of the slow winding. The problem is in the brake system. The brakes don't release at all. If you press play, Rewind, or FF there is no action in the brake system. If I press play/FF/RW and lift the brakes with my manually with my finger, then it winds normal speed again.

Now, I just need to figure out. Why? Any suggestions of what would cause the brake system to fail?

thanks!
I've just sent you the link to my M10 folder Smile hope the materials might help you.

I guess that the brake problem might have either a mechanical reason (the system needs to be adjusted) or (hopefully not Wink ) an electrical. In both cases the material should offer help.

Unfortunately I'm not so much into M10 problems right now; but maybe - if it's an electrical problem - then it might be located in the environment either of Gr 2, KM BL, KM BR, Rs B etc. or GR 3, KM LL, KM LR etc.

May you find out which one of the two brakes fails? There is one brake for tape end ("Bandauslaufbremse"). A VERY strong brake. And a brake for normal work ("Betriebsbremse") which has grip to the black cylinders. Its much softer.

Your desription sounds like there might be a problem with the latter brake because otherwise the tape would not move.

[-]
Schnellantwort
Nachricht
Geben Sie hier Ihre Antwort zum Beitrag ein.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste